top of page

Referrals, Fees, Coverage, and Other Questions

Do I need a referral from a physician? 

No, you do not need a referral. However, some extended health benefits providers require that you obtain a referral from your family doctor to be reimbursed for psychological services.

Are your services covered by OHIP?

Services of psychologists, psychological associates and registered social workers/ psychotherapists are not covered by OHIP. However, these services are covered by most insurance policies that offer yearly coverage for psychological or health care professional services.

Some helpful questions you can ask your insurance company are:


  • What are my yearly benefits for Psychologists or Social Workers or Psychotherapists or Occupational Therapists?

  • What is the coverage amount per session?

  • How many sessions does my plan cover?

  • Is a referral required from my primary care physician? 

How much does it cost to see a psychologist, RSW, OT, and who pays for treatment?

At the end of each treatment or assessment session, the client will receive an invoice detailing the costs associated with each service. After paying for the services, the client will receive a receipt that may be submitted to their insurance company for reimbursement.


Individual sessions with our Clinical Social Workers and Occupational Therapist are $150 per 50-minute session. Some of our Clinical Social Workers also offer couple and family sessions which are $175 per 50-minute session. Dr. Smolewska’s current rate is $225/hour.

Do you do phone or video treatment sessions?

In certain instances, tele/video-psychology (i.e., phone sessions, sessions via our Jane booking platform) are available. For assessment services, at least one appointment must be in-person.

What age groups are you licensed to assess and treat?

Dr. Smolewska is able to assess and treat individuals across the lifespan (children, adolescents, adults, older adults). Please refer to the About Us page for details regarding age groups for our Clinical Social Workers and Occupational Therapists.

Do you offer crisis services? 

We do not offer crisis services, however, there are crisis services available 24/7 in our community that can be reached at 1-844-437-3247 (1-844-HERE-247). You can also call 911 or visit the emergency room of your local hospital.

bottom of page